Last night was the Super Bowl and as usual I made my BCD. Upon request, I have decided to share my not-so-secret secret BCD recipe. Yes, I have such strong love for buffalo chicken dip that I use it as an acronym and expect others to know what I am talking about. Honestly, who doesn't love BCD? I promise this recipe is the best plus one for any occasion. Your friends will instantly understand what you see in it and will give you many compliments and it won't get too drunk, vomit on your friend's couch, and ask to leave before halftime. It's so good the cleanup is minimal because it will be gone.
Total Time: About 1 Hour
2 lbs pulled/chopped chicken breast
1 cup fine shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup Franks buffalo wing sauce
8oz packet cream cheese
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
2 tbs grated parmesan
1tsp fresh ground pepper
1. I think the easiest way to cook and get a bunch of shredded chicken is to poach the chicken. Fill up a large pot with enough water to fully submerge about 2lbs of chicken breast. Remember when you poach chicken try to keep the water just before the boiling point. Toss those babies in, add a lid and let the chicken cook for about 15 minutes. Make sure it is cooked all the way through and remove from heat and let cool.
2. Chop up all the chicken and add it to a large mixing bowl. I like to chop it up pretty fine, but you can create the texture you want.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the mixing bowl
4. Mix everything together with a spatula or wooden spoon and then add to casserole dish, or other oven-safe container. Use a light amount of non-stick spray.
5. Top the dip with some more crumbled blue cheese, shredded mozzarella, and buffalo sauce. Whats awesome about this recipe is you can make it ahead of time and throw it in the oven either at the party, or keep it in the fridge and save it for the next day and bake when ready.
6. Preheat your oven to 400F and throw it on the middle rack until the edges are bubbling up and the cheese on top has melted. About 15-20 min.
7. Enjoy! I love pita chips and celery, but you can dip whatever your heart desires, or just use a spoon. That is up to you!